PC Prices

Adam L. Beberg beberg@mithral.com
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 23:54:50 -0700 (PDT)

Just helped my parents buy a new PC for my sister... A tiny bit better then
mine.

Price: $402.53, including the local sales tax and assembly.

And for only $299 more she could have had Windows XP. Guess which OS she
won't be running. Windows XP is a catalyst for the PC industry my ass!
*laughs*

I'm just really pissed the iMac is over $1,000 - $450 more even accounting
for the monitor. If Apple didn't have their marketing head so far up their
ass I'd have gotten her an iMac in a nanosecond, it would be far better for
her, and for my parents too, but a Mac was really $$$$ back then.
*sigh* Must the crappy solution always win?

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com