Blasting 'food drops"

Grlygrl201@aol.com Grlygrl201@aol.com
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 21:17:30 EDT

--part1_6b.1bc97a2b.28f3aa2a_boundary

In a message dated 10/8/01 6:06:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
johnhall@evergo.net writes:

> There are in some cases good reasons to provide humanitarian aid in this
> situation.  Mainly, to kill the leaders quicker and to reduce problems
> elsewhere.  But I think the 'reduce problems elsewhere' reason is
> wishful thinking.

rumsfeld said we're using "tested technology" to drop the food (without
parachutes from very high altitudes) in areas that are accessible only to
those we want to feed.  when asked doggedly by (puzzled) journalists if we
were including leaflets and/or radios explaining that the food was safe,
rumsfeld answered, "Yes."

--part1_6b.1bc97a2b.28f3aa2a_boundary