Was FoRK dead Tuesday and Wednesday?

Kragen Sitaker kragen@pobox.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 11:33:45 -0400 (EDT)

You write:
> I received no messages from FoRK for two days. Was it down?

Yep.  It's currently at Adam's house, and he moved the machine to his
new house on Tuesday.  Due to Highly Sophisticated problems of a Very
Technical nature (namely that we had it plugged into a bad port on a
hub), it took three skilled technicians (me, Adam, and one whose name I
will conceal to protect the guilty) many hours to diagnose the
problem.

We fixed that Wednesday night, and then switched DNS over.

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we possess
ourselves.
       -- Gandalf the White [J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Two Towers", Bk 3, Ch. XI]