SOAP is the Esperanto of the Web.

Bill Humphries bill@whump.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:26:50 -0700

On Wednesday, October 10, 2001, at 09:27 PM, Mr. FoRK wrote:

> Esperanto really needs a few good movies and books that people just 'have
> have'. SOAP needs some really good Web Services that people just 'have to
> have' - several people have pointed out that a get of stock quotes isn't
> that compelling.

I think it's XML-RPC which is gaining mindshare--thanks to the number of
implementations, Dave Winer's evangelism, and a less steep learning curve
than SOAP.

What I hope isn't lost from SOAP are the directory and service description
features. I understand WSDL is not bound exclusively to SOAP.

----
Bill Humphries <bill@whump.com>
http://www.whump.com/moreLikeThis/