For the record: Port Authority WTC Page snapshot

Rohit Khare Rohit@KnowNow.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 08:00:04 -0700

The panyny.gov site is rightfully rewired to focus on emergency
information only, but I thought I'd capture these meager facts from
the Google cache before it's lost, too. The triumphal tone... well, I
miss it. "... the largest cooling plant in the world...".

Also captured here is the replacement home page for the association
of world trade centers... Rohit

This is G o o g l e's cache of http://www.panynj.gov/wtc/wtccomplex.htm.

The complex is situated on a 16-acre site and consists of seven
buildings with 12 million square feet. All are constructed around the
five-acre Austin J. Tobin Plaza and have entrances to the Plaza and
the surrounding city streets. The World Trade Center is connected by
a land bridge to the World Financial Center complex located to its
west and is close to the New York and American Stock Exchanges.

FASCINATING FACTS
More than 1.2 million cubic yards of earth and rock were excavated to
make way for the World Trade Center. The excavated material was
placed in the Hudson River to create 23.5 acres of new land deeded to
the City of New York. This landfill area is now Battery Park City.

More than 200,000 tons of steel, far more than the amount required
for the construction of the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, was used in the
World Trade Center's construction.

The 425,000 cubic yards of concrete used in building the World Trade
Center is enough to build a five-foot wide sidewalk from New York
City to Washington, D.C.

At peak periods of construction, some 3,500 workers were on the site daily.

There are 43,600 windows in the Twin Towers with over 600,000 square
feet of glass window area cleaned by automatic window washing
machines traveling on stainless steel tracks.

With 60,000 tons of cooling capacity, the World Trade Center's
refrigeration plant is the largest in the world.

The 360-foot television mast atop One World Trade Center supports 10
main television antennas, numerous auxiliary antennas and a master FM
antenna. Transmissions from the mast began in June, 1980. Ten
television stations in the metropolitan area, including all the major
networks, broadcast from the mast. In addition, six stations
broadcast high-definition, digital television from the World Trade
Center.

The Tower's skylobby elevator systems separate express from local
runs. There are 239 elevators and 71 escalators in the four buildings
operated by the Port Authority at the complex. The sky lobby express
elevators are capable of carrying 55 people, a 10,000 pound capacity.
Express elevators can travel at speeds of up to 27 feet per second.

OFFICE BUILDING PROFILES

Architects: Minoru Yamasaki & Associates; Emery Roth & Sons, P.C.
Plot: 960 x 710 (681,600 sf) shared site for 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 World
Trade Center

1 WORLD TRADE CENTER - NORTH TOWER
Built: 1970
Height: 110 Floors
Floor Sizes: (9 - 105) 45,000-50,000 sf
Elevators: 97 passenger, 6 freight

2 WORLD TRADE CENTER - SOUTH TOWER
Built: 1972
Height: 110 Floors
Floor Sizes (2 - 109) 45,000 - 50,000 sf
Elevators: 97 passenger, 6 freight

4 WORLD TRADE CENTER - SOUTHEAST PLAZA BUILDING
Built: 1977
Height: 9 Floors
Floor Sizes: (2 - 9) 84,500 sf
Elevators: 12 passenger, 1 freight

5 WORLD TRADE CENTER - NORTHEAST PLAZA BUILDING
Built: 1972
Height: 9 Floors
Floor Sizes: (2 - 9) 108,400 sf
Elevators: 9 passenger

6 WORLD TRADE CENTER - U.S. CUSTOMHOUSE
Built: 1975
Height: 8 Floors
Floor Sizes: (2- 8) 80,400 sf
Elevators: 8 passenger, 4 freight

http://www.wtca.org/

World Trade Centers Association Notice

Our thoughts, prayers and deepest sympathies go out to the many
individuals and families that have suffered terrible losses as a
result of the horrific September 11 attack on the World Trade Center
in New York. We consider ourselves extremely fortunate that all of
our Association staff members were able to leave the building safely.

In the days since then, we have received a great many expressions of
concern from our global World Trade Center family and others, and
these are sincerely appreciated.

Like all the other organizations based in the World Trade Center, our
offices are gone.
However, while we have no office at present, our important mission,
our global family of World Trade Centers, and our many programs to
support and expand international business are unchanged. Our
Association is rededicating itself to the principles that led to its
founding: that trade is essential for economic prosperity -- and that
global trade promotes understanding and peace among nations.

We have already begun to re-establish our headquarters in new
offices, and we have created this website as the first step in
building up the many web services of the WTCA. In order to
communicate with any of our staff, please use our normal email
addresses, or send us a fax at 212-824-1513.

With the cooperation of our more than 300 member World Trade Center
in almost 100 countries, we are determined to make our Association an
even more vital economic development partner to the businesses and
regions we serve.

Guy F. Tozzoli, President
World Trade Centers Association