Distributed file systems, using http

Jim Whitehead ejw@cse.ucsc.edu
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 22:48:53 -0700

The work on the Self-Certifying File System might also be relevant:
http://www.fs.net/sfs/new-york.lcs.mit.edu:85xq6pznt4mgfvj4mb23x6b8adak55ue/
pub/sfswww/index.html

Its decentralized administrative control might be appealing in a universe
where the medical records are under user control.

As for a "Web" file system, UFO is also related work:
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/alexandrov97ufo.html

WebFS is another example:
http://www.cs.duke.edu/~vahdat/webfs/webfs.html

A Linux file system driver using DAV is the davfs project. If you run DAV
over SSL, it's relatively secure.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dav/

- Jim