Neurotic Role Models (was Re: nation-state/empire/tribal)

Grlygrl201@aol.com Grlygrl201@aol.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 08:09:21 EDT

--part1_ae.1c21db88.28f83771_boundary

In a message dated 10/12/01 7:23:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Ingrid.Melve@uninett.no writes:

> Nebuchadnezzar, ruler of Babylonia, around 587 BC
> (this was a question on a test in Music history way back in high
> school, right before the teacher was admitted to a sanatorium.  It
> turned out to be relevant for the "By the rivers of Babylon" song.)
>

> Ingrid

you just made my day.  in elementary school we had a franciscan nun, Sister
Patricia Eileen, who was an ex-debutante trained in opera.  she was in the
habit (sorry!) of bringing a microphone into the cafeteria with her (so as
not to strain her voice) to supervise our lunch etiquette.  i'll never forget
"Aida Akra, I can see everything you're chewing!" echoing off the close*
walls of the cafeteria.

geege

*the school's name: "Assumption School" - attached to the Church of the
Assumption.  no joke.  the school was once a uniform (i think) factory for
the military and the walls were three feet thick.

--part1_ae.1c21db88.28f83771_boundary