When it sucks, it *really* sucks

Rodent of Unusual Size Ken.Coar@Golux.Com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:39:48 -0400

One of the still-extant Outlook virii has the following
MO:

1. Pick the eddress of some past correspondent.
2. Pick some file from the disk.
3. Infect the file.
4. Send it to the eddress with a 'for your advice' cover letter.

(There are minor variations on this theme.)

If I disliked Outlook before, my feeling was but a pale shadow
of what it is now -- after one such infected Outlook sent me
THREE such messages, each with a payload of a 90MB file!  (It tried
to do it a fourth time, but it was daylight by then and I had
put a block in place.)

Criminy!  270MB of virus in yer POP box overnight!  What a thing
to see when you first sit down, bleary-eyed, in front of yer
monitor..
--
#ken	P-)}