Britain says bin Laden likely has biological weapons

John Hall johnhall@evergo.net
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 12:07:00 -0700

I addressed the problem of them actually killing very large numbers of
people.  That isn't as easy as it looks, and too many people have the
idea it only takes a couple of test tubes and the will to do harm.  It
doesn't.

As for just frightening people, you can do that for awhile.  But
eventually people note that not that many people are dying.
Furthermore, you are losing terrorists at a fairly high rate without
doing a lot of damage.  The Weathermen might have succeeded in creating
some terror, but it wasn't effective long lasting terror.

As for the rules being off, maybe.  At the very least we need to be
ready to dispose of them.  I'm a little more confident of our ability to
do a lot without disposing of them than I was.