Doh!

Grlygrl201@aol.com Grlygrl201@aol.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 18:33:44 EDT

--part1_45.d44aaa8.28f8c9c8_boundary

In a message dated 10/12/01 3:41:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ThosStew@aol.com writes:

> it's a very clever contribution to fighting what military analysts call the
> "narrative dimension" of this war--lemonade stands and bake sales showing
> that our quarrel is not with the afghan people but with the taliban and
> terrorists. smart move, I think.
>
> Tom

jeff greenfield and aaron brown agree with you, which makes you right.  last
night greenfield posed "what if the afghanis told their children "'those
americans don't have enough korans!  let's collect korans and send them
over!' "  what kind of understanding of their people would that gesture
foster in us?

gg

(and isn't it heartening that free-market americans who thought OUR
government was evil a few months ago are now wantonly begging its bail-outs?)

--part1_45.d44aaa8.28f8c9c8_boundary