Rohit does not fit my profile (was: Profiling, from the front lines)

Russell Turpin deafbox@hotmail.com
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 12:13:00 -0500

Rohit writes:
> The selectee set for this fairly full flight was 1) all
> 3-4 "Indian" men; 2) 2-3 "dark" East Asians ..

This undoubtedly is stereotyping just as bad
as that described by Rohit, but from news
presentations on terrorists from McVeigh to
those who bombed the World Trade Center,
they all are skinny fellows, unrelentingly sad
about the eyes, none too bright, with a
fondness for simple, manual tools. Anyone
who is fat, happy, smart, and carrying a
boatload of electronic toys falls way outside
the profile.

Russell