Fwd: xenon, or what spam compels me to do.

karee karee@tstonramp.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 00:05:45 -0700

[Alright. This wins the spam prize.  The russians must be really
screwed if they're sending spam advertisements out to sell noble
gasses.  Incidentally, me not being a chemistry person, the spam just
drove me on an internet finding spree to figure out exactly what Xenon
could be used for.  Mostly lamps, motion pictures, an 'experimental
anesthetic' and as a biproduct of a neutron fission reaction [1]

Krypton on the other hand... is a sexy little bastard.  Used to detect
all sorts of things and in light fixtures, and abnormal heart openings
(What that is, I'm not quite sure, how you get an 'abnormal' opening
is beyond me.  Not to mention it produces green-and orange lines in the spectrum.  Nifty! [2]

Both have a surprisingly high amount of uses in the commercial world
as names of companies.  WHat's bizzare is that the spam's website says
nothing more than what's in the spam itself, and that its now 12:00pst
and i'm actually doing research on spam-derrived chemistry.

I need a man.

-BB

[1] http://www.encyclopedia.com/articlesnew/14047.html
[2] http://www.encyclopedia.com/articlesnew/07092.html