David Copperfield goes over to the dark side

Gordon Mohr gojomo@usa.net
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:12:25 -0700

> Until now, David Copperfield has always seemed
> straightforward that his illusions are, well,
> illusions.
>
> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011014/re/people_germany_copperfield_dc_1.html

Wait, didn't Copperfield already "win the lottery" when he
married Claudia Schiffer?

But seriously:

I would want to know the following facts that are missing
from the story:

  - Was there any news coverage when he locked away the
    prediction?
  - Was the prediction specifically for the October 13
    German lottery?
  - How many other "sealed by a notary, under constant
    watch" predictions does he have out there?

My first guess is that he's made a few thousand such
predictions, non-specific about date and lottery, over the
years.

Whenever any lottery is drawn, he checks to see if it
matches anything in his silent stockpile of predictions.
If so, he schedules a press event for the opening of
the right box.

- Gordon