It's working

Robert Harley robert.harley@inria.fr
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 00:38:23 +0200 (MET DST)

Sateesh Narahari wrote:
>Spend, spend, spend, if there is any better time to spend money, it is now,

I think that fear of spending in times like these is a good reflex.
I would advocate spending as you do, but rather than going downtown to
splash out on movies and pizza, I would rather recommend taking extra
time to study purchasing choices carefully, do due diligence, remove
uncertainty/fear and make an informed decision.  A free market works
best not just when flooded with money (although that helps) but when
transactions are done with as much information as possible to maximize
value.  E.g., car sales are down so if you're thinking of buying then
do so, but instead of sitting watching CNN for a few days and then
jumping for some random flashy SUV (no offense intended to SUV
drivers), why not fire up Google and research cars according to
safety/comfort/efficiency/durability or whatever (no this is not a
Volvo advertisement ;)?  OK, enough of that.  ObActualContent: There
are some cool crash-test movies (at least if you have a broadband
connexion) at:
  http://www.progressive.com/resource_center/crash_videos.htm