THE DEMOGRAPHIC BOMB

Adam L. Beberg beberg@mithral.com
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 16:42:12 -0700 (PDT)

She's right of course, the only way to win long term is to breed like
rabbits. The Catholics used to know this, still have a tiny clue with their
stand against birth control, but it's a endangered religeon just like the
Jews. Even _if_ americans and europeans did breed, they arent starting until
much later, after she goes to college and plays with a career.

So all you american women out there better start having at least 2 kids
before you leave high school, it's your patriodic duty!

(of course we all know whites are extinct but just dont know it yet, but
the grey goo will get the rest of you, Muhahahahahhahaha)

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com

---------------

Tuesday October 16 09:18 PM EDT

THE DEMOGRAPHIC BOMB
By Maggie Gallagher
Two interrelated mysteries: Why do so many Arab Muslims think Western
civilization is about to collapse? And how could so many well-educated
hijackers live among us for so long and not be seduced by our cherished
American way of life?

For example, according to Norman Podhoretz, from a textbook published by the
Palestinian Authority Ministry of Education: Western civilization "has begun
to collapse to and to become a pile of rubble." "(T)he age of the American
collapse has begun," chimes in a columnist in the Egyptian state-sponsored
newspaper Al-Akhbar, two weeks before the Twin Towers attack.

Here we are in the early 21st century, a military giant, the world's oldest
democracy, with a powerhouse economy creating new miracles of opportunity
and ingenuity, still attracting huge migrations from all countries and
cultures, a society which (whatever its limitations, and we do have some) is
deeply steeped in decency, kindness and openness. How could they know us so
well and still hate us so?

For that matter, how could Isanu Dyson, a fifth-generation American who
(according to the New York Post) converted to Islam three years ago, say he
wants to fight for the Taliban?

Here is my best guess at honest self-examination: The Achilles' heel of
AmerEuropean civilization is our sexual culture, which even to many
Americans looks not only deeply destructive, but ugly. Fatherless children,
fragmented families, the demotion of sex into a product -- these are the
surface symptoms of an even deeper problem: a hollowing out of sexual
meaning and purpose.

"The U.S. might be an economic and military superpower, but Islam is a
religious and manpower superpower -- we are 1 billion people," brags Dyson.

If Western civilization does face collapse, it will not come from outside
invaders -- they can sow terror but not destruction -- but from the baby
bomb. In Western countries people have for two generations stopped caring
enough about having children to reproduce our population. Historian Paul
Johnson writes about his vision of a long-term clash between Islam and the
casually mentioned demographic bomb: "Should present trends continue, both
these traditionally Catholic countries (Spain and Italy) will become
majority Moslem during the 21st century." Not just because of migration, but
because the native birth rates have entered a sudden, dramatic, sustained
collapse.

"The result of a crisis in ... family lifestyles," writes Russian
demographer Anatoly I. Antonov in a recent issue of The Howard Center's The
Family in America, "depopulation now threatens 20 economically developed
countries around the world."

At the heart of this collapse (in my opinion) is an idea, still contested,
but gaining vast ground. The New York Times Sunday magazine devoted a whole
issue to variations of it. It happened to be best expressed by a gay couple
(but certainly it is not confined to homosexuals): "From time to time we
have had affairs with other people, or moments of sexual release, but they
were recreational," explained Steve. "It is only sex; it has no deep-seated
meaning," agreed Chuck.

Sex has no deep-seated meaning, no public purpose beyond providing an
enjoyable set of internal physical or emotional sensations. Sex is a
consumer good. People who believe this end up having unstable marriages,
fragmented families or no families at all.

For hundreds of years, traditional Islam has failed to produce a society
that is attractive: regimes of secular corruption alternate with regimes of
religious repression. But Islam remains a successful civilization because it
fulfills the two minimum functions any culture must: It channels intense
social energy of individuals into the two great sacrifices of self: war and
babies. The children in Islamic societies suffer, and the women even more.
But though individuals suffer, the family system itself works. The society
perpetuates itself. It even finds new adherents in our country, primarily
among those who have suffered most deeply from our current sexual disorder,
African-Americans.

The way forward is never the way back. Still, up until about 1970, Western
civilization combined democracy, freedom, capitalism and neighborliness with
a functioning family system. Who can now say the same?