Florida, of course... and more ITYS for Gene ;-)

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym@canada.com
18 Oct 2001 14:01:39 -0400

    E> how many people so far? 1, 2? Negligable. I would start
    E> worrying when you'd add two or three zeros.

but ... what if your objective is terror?  Dead people do not show
much outward sign of fear.  These attackers are, after all, not called
"exterminators", but "terrorists".

Think of the immense cost of this: Every line-up for testing, every
employee cutting out to hit the Dr office and then the pharmacy, all
of them are doing no real work and still being paid.  That money has
to come from somewhere. Because these are not military "targets" the
covering the cost will come from scattered budgets, like an economic
cluster bomb.

What is ironic is that with every news story to reassure us, we seem
to be pumping up the terror-factor; the sales of anti-biotics are
going through the roof.  We know there was some suspicious action in
airline shares just before 911 --- what do we know about who owns
shares of anti-biotic manufacturers?

Another question: Maybe I've just read too much William Burroughs, but
aren't the Taleban a major source of heroin opium?  Doesn't that opium
also flow out through Iraq and sympathizers in Pakestan?  Isn't NYC
and the USA in general a major consumer of heroin?  Could this be
another potential low-tech bio-terror delivery vehicle?  (not to kill
junkies, but to use them to deliver something else?)