Slide Rule Pr0n

Mark Day markday@cisco.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 00:25:47 -0400

> My 6 year old saw a typewriter the other day and said
> "look Dad, a computer with no screen".

A neighboring family told us about when their 9-yr-old daughter got very
confused by a dial telephone.  After lifting the receiver, she just poked at
the numbers -- and didn't understand why nothing was happening.

[Which is not really so unreasonable, either, since there are
"old-fashioned" phones sold that look sort of like dial phones but have
round buttons in the finger holes.  Whereas you have to search to find a
real dial phone these days.]

--Mark