FW: Concorde ready to resume service; Special Introductory Fare!

Dan Kohn dan@dankohn.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 00:08:48 -0700

http://www.britishairways.com/concorde/index.html is just embarrassing.
I love that they'll have your car cleaned and serviced for you while you
travel.

"Concorde measures 204ft in length - stretching between six and ten
inches in-flight due to heating of the airframe."

I don't expect Concorde to be flying for more than another 5 years (one
more crash and it will be permanently grounded).  Therefore, this is one
of the last chances for probably 25 years to fly supersonic and at an
altitude (60,000 feet) where you can see the curvature of the Earth.

		- dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@dankohn.com>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>

We are pleased to announce that British Airways' Concorde is now ready
to resume service.  Having completed a programme of safety and product
enhancements, she is ready to take to the air.

To mark the return of our flagship, we are offering a special
introductory fare of $4,999 round trip plus taxes and government fees
for travel from November 9, 2001 through January 31, 2002*. This offer
is valid for one week only from Tuesday, October 16, 2001 through
Monday, October 22, 2001.

Flights on Concorde from New York JFK to London Heathrow are now
available for booking at http://www.britishairways.com, through your
travel agent or by calling Executive Club Dedicated Reservations at
1-800-452-1201.

Services will begin initially with a single daily departure six days a
week (everyday except Saturday) - leaving New York JFK at 12.15 pm and
arriving into London Heathrow at 9.10 pm - with twice-daily departures
beginning soon.

With a newly refitted interior, including new cradle-action seats, it
will be a pleasure to welcome you on board the world's fastest
commercial aircraft.  For additional information, visit us at
http://www.britishairways.com/concorde.

Sincerely,

David Noyes
Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing
British Airways North America

* This offer is valid for new bookings only made between October 16 -
October 22, 2001.  Travel valid from November 9, 2001 - January 31,
2002.  Fare is subject to availability and does not include government
fees/taxes of approx. $120.00 per person.  Payment and ticketing
required by midnight October 22, 2001.  Frequent flyer mileage may be
earned.  Other restrictions may apply.