Men and violence

rudy rouhana webtagz@yahoo.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:26:30 -0700 (PDT)

--- Clay Shirky <clay@shirky.com> wrote:
> > This would imply that the person who wrote "people don't kill people, men
> > kill people" is a (distasteful) sexist,
>
> Maybe. Depends on your definition of sexist.
>
> I thought I was just making a factual assertion -- to a first
> approximation, violence and particularly inflicted death are caused by
> unmarried men betweeen the ages of 15 and 30. People don't kill
> people, men kill people.

Men might kill you violently, but women kill you subtly, like by manipulating
public affairs.  Perhaps that disproportionate amount of money going to breast
cancer research as opposed to prostate cancer research is one of the many
reasons why women have a higher life expectancy.

That, and the fact that they won't stfu and make us pray for death sometimes...

But hey, that's just what you have to deal with when you're the minortiy
(49%men,51% women ;)

-r