Microsoft DRM2 cracked, source code released

Jon O . jono@microshaft.org
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:47:44 -0700

----- Forwarded message -----

To: dmca_discuss@lists.microshaft.org
Cc: it_union@lists.microshaft.org
Subject: [DMCA_discuss] Microsoft DRM2 cracked, source code released
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:20:30 -0700

The author's zipped file contains a lengthy description of the MS DRM weaknesses, a philosophical tract explaining why he thinks it necessary to crack, the source code, and the command-line utility.

The alias Beale Screamer, incidentally, derives from the lines of 'Howard Beale' in the movie 'Network', we're told. "Just yell to the publishers 'I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!'"

http://jya.com/ms-drm.htm

Found this on sci.crypt today. It's an interesting piece of research which will most likely be stomped soon by MS using DMCA or similar.