This Land is My Land, This Land is My Land

Grlygrl201@aol.com Grlygrl201@aol.com
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 15:18:41 EDT

--part1_70.11c74372.29047991_boundary

In a message dated 10/21/01 2:36:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time, clay@shirky.com
writes:

> > He even addresses our "multiculturalism" discussion:
> >
> > "We should also heed those who have pointed out the negative consequences
> of
> > globalization for hundreds of millions of people. Globalization cannot be
> > stopped, but it can be made more humane and more balanced for those it
> > affects."
>
> Note however that he addresses the effects of globalization on people,
> not on cultures.

will cultures that don't embrace consumerism-gone-mad continue to be
dominated by those who do?  maybe those who do could franchise whole cultures
as parks and bring them under a new international "parks service" protection.

always thinking,
geege

--part1_70.11c74372.29047991_boundary