Florida, of course... and more ITYS for Gene ;-)

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym@canada.com
21 Oct 2001 17:40:31 -0400

    E> I'm not talking about their objective, I'm talking about
    E> whether there's a significant risk of me getting killed or
    E> worse.

Yes, then I see your point.  Friends asked me what I thought of them
going on a honeymoon to Madison -- I said go ahead.  In personal
terms, even if there was widespread anthrax, more people will die
this winter of the common flu.

    E> Now here's a branch of economy profiting, at least. And think
    E> diagnostics, and security, why, they're totally overwhelmed
    E> now.

You're no doubt aware of the latest scandal in Canada: The ministry of
Health ordered the anti-biotic from an unlicensed generic
manufacturer, claiming Bayer could not deliver fast enough while Bayer
claims they have the order quantities in their Canadian stockpile

but ... if that /is/ true, then why are we pre-buying the pills?  Isn't
it enough to know the supply exists when/if we need it? So much is
"rotten in the state of Denmark" these days.

    E> Heroin is typically heated on a spoon, for it to dissolve. Not
    E> many bugs will survive that treatment, even considering the
    E> harsh environment (diacetylmorphin).

During the March of Tears, the US Army distributed smallpox to the
natives via the blankets "donated" to them.  Bio agents need not be
mixed with the actual heroin to use junkies as the "sales channel".

You're probably right, though: The Taleban seem more likely to
piggy-back off something burgeois like cocaine than to attack through
the downtrodden junkie.