This Land is My Land, This Land is My Land

Grlygrl201@aol.com Grlygrl201@aol.com
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 21:59:57 EDT

--part1_140.368eec1.2904d79d_boundary

In a message dated 10/21/01 5:03:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, clay@shirky.com
writes:

> When they see that, they will want something similar, and when they
> try to find out how to get it, they will discover that consumer
> economies grow faster than non-consumer economies.
>
> People are guided by both greed and envy, so any political system
> reflective of the will of the people will be tropic towards econimic
> structures that create wealth.

while i know this is true (1970's boycott on nestle for "improving" the lives
of third world countries with powdered baby formula - where the water was
contaminated) i wonder if western europeans - culturally, not as
multi-national corporations - really want to emulate us down to our strip
malls and dollar general stores.

we're still a little ugly, afterall.

geege

--part1_140.368eec1.2904d79d_boundary