This Land is My Land, This Land is My Land

Grlygrl201@aol.com Grlygrl201@aol.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 07:20:34 EDT

--part1_14.1c5e3d11.29055b02_boundary

In a message dated 10/21/01 11:05:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
clay@shirky.com writes:

> > i wonder if western europeans - culturally, not as multi-national
> > corporations - really want to emulate us down to our strip malls and
> > dollar general stores.
>
> well, wal-mart just arrived in england, and the mallified central rail
> stations of many european cities are now so popular that downtown
> stores are lobbying to have their 'hours of opening laws' liberalized
> or scrapped, so i would say again that the answer is 'probably.'
>
> -clay

of all the examples.  hell, we don't want wallmart HERE!  :-)   (in response
to russell: http://www.metropolismag.com/html/content_0301/nyc.htm)  to both,
i'm suggesting the will of the corporation overrides the will of the
inhabitants.

$$$,
geege

--part1_14.1c5e3d11.29055b02_boundary