Control of immigration (was: Multiculturalism)

John Hall johnhall@evergo.net
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:58:07 -0700

Immigration laws are a political response to the externalities you would
cause by shifting the labor here.

Now, if you completely blow up the Fair Deal and New Deal social nets
(Yeah Team!) I'd be quite happy to let you bring the engineers here.  I
might insist that they speak fluent English and take the oath to be a
citizen.  I might even place a reasonable one time tax on the
transaction.  But I would let them come.