How Moore's Law Marches On

Brian Atkins brian@posthuman.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:18:36 -0400

I would have to disagree with your "purely human" characterization of the
system. What Moore's Law and other exponential trends really show is how
humans + technology = ability to create something that human brain/brawn
by itself couldn't do. Then that new "something" feeds back into the
equation. As long as humans can keep increasing their abilities through
technology the trend will continue, up until we reach limits of physics.