vt100.net

Marty Halvorson martyh@nmcourts.com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:52:28 -0600

At one time I worked for the manager, Tom Stockebrand, of the VT52 project.
 He was one of the nearly original Deccies.  He was the creator of DEC-tape.

At the time, we build the prototype for the first DEC color terminal (don't
remember it's designation).  And built monitors for other terminals.  We
also built a VT100 that had a built in video camera and frame buffer.  The
content of the frame buffer could be sent to the attached computer.  We
used that terminal in a demo system that created DEC badges on the fly.
And that got us in trouble because even though the badges were the wrong
color, some of the DEC plants used mono-chrome cameras to show the remote
guard the badge and another mono-chrome camera the person standing in the
entry waiting to be buzzed in.

Then we got into small computers and how to display non-textual data, and
the terminal business gave our group away.

Peace

Marty Halvorson
New Mexico Supreme Court
Administrative Office of the Courts