MSN.com

Grlygrl201@aol.com Grlygrl201@aol.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 18:30:25 EDT

--part1_139.3a39fda.290b3e01_boundary

In a message dated 10/26/01 12:57:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ejw@cse.ucsc.edu writes:

> > "Attention: Web Browser Upgrade Required to View MSN.com If you are seeing
> > this page, we have detected that the browser that you are using will not
> > render MSN.com correctly.
>
> I suppose the logic must be that they feel MSN content is so compelling, it
> will cause people to switch browsers to view it. And while I realize MSN is
> one of the more heavily visited sites on the net, it's not a place that I
> visit often, and I don't think there is much content there that can't be
> found elsewhere.  Am I wrong on this? Does anyone on this list frequently
> visit MSN?
>
> - Jim

browser wars - yahoo!

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-7661190.html?tag=dd.ne.dht.nl-sty.0

--part1_139.3a39fda.290b3e01_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 10/26/01 12:57:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ejw@cse.ucsc.edu writes:
<BR>
<BR>
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">&gt; "Attention: Web Browser Upgrade Required to View MSN.com If you are seeing
<BR>&gt; this page, we have detected that the browser that you are using will not
<BR>&gt; render MSN.com correctly.
<BR>
<BR>I suppose the logic must be that they feel MSN content is so compelling, it
<BR>will cause people to switch browsers to view it. And while I realize MSN is
<BR>one of the more heavily visited sites on the net, it's not a place that I
<BR>visit often, and I don't think there is much content there that can't be
<BR>found elsewhere. &nbsp;Am I wrong on this? Does anyone on this list frequently
<BR>visit MSN?
<BR>
<BR>- Jim
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">
<BR>browser wars - yahoo!
<BR>
<BR>http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-7661190.html?tag=dd.ne.dht.nl-sty.0</FONT></HTML>

--part1_139.3a39fda.290b3e01_boundary--