Slide Rule Pr0n

Jeff Barr jeff@vertexdev.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 22:12:24 -0700

I think time is running backward.

My 10 year old daughter just asked me "Dad, can we get a  toaster
oven? They're so cool."

I told her that when I was her age, we _had_ the toaster oven and
that we thought that microwaves were cool.

Strange days we live in.

Jeff;

-----Original Message-----
From: fork-admin@xent.com [mailto:fork-admin@xent.com] On Behalf Of Mark
Day
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 9:26 PM
To: Jeff Barr; fork@xent.com
Subject: RE: Slide Rule Pr0n

> My 6 year old saw a typewriter the other day and said
> "look Dad, a computer with no screen".

A neighboring family told us about when their 9-yr-old daughter got very
confused by a dial telephone.  After lifting the receiver, she just
poked at
the numbers -- and didn't understand why nothing was happening.

[Which is not really so unreasonable, either, since there are
"old-fashioned" phones sold that look sort of like dial phones but have
round buttons in the finger holes.  Whereas you have to search to find a
real dial phone these days.]

--Mark