FoRK policy recommendation, process recommendation Re: Antigen found =*.exe file

Jeff Bone jbone@jump.net
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:24:41 -0600

Joe claims that we've all come to consensus about letting non-members post to
the list.  I don't believe this to be the case.  My policy recommendation is to
configure the list to screen out posts from non-subscribers.  If --- as it
appears --- we need a "vote" of some kind to enact this policy decision, my
recommendation is to weight the vote in some way to reflect the participation
in FoRK of the voters in question.  The first, most obvious way to weight
things would be in terms of most frequent voters:  individual vote X
posts-in-the-last-year.    Of course this would be my first recommendation.
;-)  A more pertinent mechanism might be individual vote X
posts-responded-to-in-last-year.  This information / metric should be easy to
harvest;  if nobody else feels like writing the Perl script to do so, under
duress I volunteer.

Hopefully, it won't require this.  Let your voice be heard.  Should FoRK be
closed to non-members or not?  It's your call...

$0.02,

jb