Antigen found =*.exe file

Aaron Blosser ablosser@virtuoso.com
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:00:04 -0800

Comments like yours, and also from Tom:
---
 "If you cant be held responsable for the email that comes from your
computer system maybe you should rethink your using that computer
system.

Learn the tool or play the fool.

As to making closed in communities simply becuase there are hordes of
careless and self imposed ignoramouses...I say we nuke the fuckers back
to the stone ages and then they will learn ...oh wait wrong thread.=20

Actualy, it works here too. Heads up."
---
Just show that you don't know what the FoRK you're talking about when it
comes to email systems.

I'm not denying responsibility for what our email server sends out.  In
fact, I'm proud of the fact that if someone sends a virus or an
executable to someone at our company, they get a notice back saying it's
not allowed.  What, should I not let it do that?  Give me a break.

I'm blaming the FoRK list!  ANY list that simply allows non-subscribers
to post is asking for all kinds of trouble.  I'm not merely suggesting
anything anymore --  I'm flat out stating that what our antivirus
software did was totally, 100% fine, expected, anticipated, and so on.
If you don't like it, by all means add our mail server to your
blacklist.

Out of curiousity, how much *real* spam does your list get because of
this hare-brained "allow all" policy that nobody remembers voting on?

And Jeff Bone - what exactly about the message the AV software sent out
was commercially-oriented?  I'm resisting the urge to flame away, but
some of the comments being made are just plain dense, as if several of
you really fail to grasp reality, or are doing so only tenuously.  I
understand that programming for a living can rob one of perspective and
social life, but I at least presumed that you all knew an unsolicited
commercial email from an antivirus warning.  I mean, c'mon! (yes, I'm
resorting to some sarcastic humor to try and lighten the mood, don't
take everything so seriously)

Oh, and considering some of the questionable spelling, perhaps I
*should* have a spelling bot automatically send back corrections.
(Another joke!  See?  Life isn't always so serious, is it?)

I've
> never heard of you before, and your commercially-oriented messages
aren't
> welcome in my mailbox.  That's my own opinion, not a list opinion:
have a