Antigen found =*.exe file

Aaron Blosser ablosser@virtuoso.com
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:02:51 -0800

Rest easy all... just added xent.com to our block list since I'm
obviously having too much fun corresponding with you all.

Not that I wouldn't love to prove my point more that non-subscribers are
the bane of any lists' existence, but the temptation to keep responding
is too great and there's other things to do.

With the utmost love, peace and harmony,
Your friend,
Aaron

PS - As EXPLICITLY mentioned by me, the thing about a spelling bot *WAS*
a joke!  See, I knew it would be a good idea to put "I'm joking" there,
and still the fact I was joking was lost on some.  Sigh...

non-subscribers
> [...]
> >software did was totally, 100% fine, expected, anticipated, and so
on.
> >If you don't like it, by all means add our mail server to your
> >blacklist.
>=20
> Isn't it possible that there are some completely valid reasons to
allow
> non-subscribers to post?  I like when people who aren't even on the
list
> tell us what to do (see, Aaron, we wouldn't even be having this lovely
> discussion without this great ability where you can feel free to
suddenly
> decide what a mailing list you have nothing to do with should do).  It
> makes for some arguments and yet another day of 100 FoRK-posts to
ignore.
> That's just one of the many reasons why FoRK lets non-subscribers
post.
>=20
> Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it, and every six months
or so
> when this argument comes up, I don't see what the big deal is.
>=20
> We've had plenty of interesting discussions here where someone who
wasn't
> list member was cc'ed and had a chance to contribute their valuable
(or
> idiotic - it doesn't really matter) thoughts on the matter without
having
> to become a full-fledged FoRKer.
>=20
> Except for an occasional spam and some guy, Aaron, who thinks he can
tell
> us what to do, we haven't had much trouble with the open posting on
the
> list (in my opinion).
>=20
> >Out of curiousity, how much *real* spam does your list get because of
> >this hare-brained "allow all" policy that nobody remembers voting on?
>=20
> Not so much these days... actually.  I think credit belongs to JoeBar,
but
> I'm not sure I was paying attention to when or how that all happened.
>=20
> >Oh, and considering some of the questionable spelling, perhaps I
> >*should* have a spelling bot automatically send back corrections.
> >(Another joke!  See?  Life isn't always so serious, is it?)
>=20
> Heh.  Anyone who faults Tom for his spelling obviously has no idea
what
> he's talking about.  Aaron, I think you've made a mistake...  In the
> future, when flaming random mailing lists, it might help to do some
> research on who you're flaming... Besides, I think that was one of the
> least misspelled of Tom's posts.
>=20
> Wait... so far Aaron has brought up closing the list to
non-subscribers &