PROPOSAL: List moderation Was Re: More Info on penis enlargement

Jim Whitehead ejw@cse.ucsc.edu
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:37:30 -0800

> FoRK is maintained by mailman.  Mailman has a feature to "hold" postings
> by non-members, which can later be approved or denied by a moderator.
> Can we at least turn this fature on for a week to test and see how
> much legitimate traffic gets held up?  I'd be happy to do the moderation
> work if the current list admins are too hosed.

This is a good idea, but only if *all* non-spam posts by non-list members
are sent through to the list. Keep the list "open", but free of spam.

- Jim

PS - People who like fancy point schemes can go play on Slashdot.