Antigen found =*.exe file

Rodent of Unusual Size Ken.Coar@Golux.Com
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:47:47 -0500

Aaron Blosser wrote:

> I was drawn into this when someone had the mistaken notion
> that an AV warning was spam (in other words, had no clue).

Aaron, if your AV software is doing anything other than
notifying the original sender any any recipients in your
domain, it *is* spamming.  It is not its job to police
nor even notify anyone on the Cc list; if it does, then
its messages are spam.  I think that's pretty clear.

Whether the FoRK list is open or closed is completely irrelevant,
and really none of your business.  :-)   The issue here is
what conditions caused your AV message to be sent blindly to
people for whom you aren't responsible, nor were originators
of the message it didn't like.

> But as long as I'm here, I'm going to give you all an
> education in how to run a list and how to keep it on track.

Um, that's not your place, and I suspect that many of us
here know rather better than you -- particularly wrt a
list we inhabit and you do not. :-)
--
#ken	P-)}