Antigen found =*.exe file

John Napier of Merchiston napier@waste.org
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:43:01 -0800

I apologize if (that) my message was poorly worded.
It was meant to be purely theoretical. I would never
break into someone's house even/especially to prove a point.

What I was trying to argue was the existence of a
vulnerability is not an excuse for exploiting that vulnerability.
We don't maximally secure everything in our lives.
We don't want to have to maximally secure everything in our lives.

We know what the consequences are of having an open list,
and are willing to live with them. To have someone artificially
worsen those consequences to prove their point is the same
sort of logical error as breaking into a house to prove that someone
needs deadbolts or bars on their windows or whatever.
And that's all I was trying to show -- I meant no threat.

- J