Antigen found =*.exe file

Lucas Gonze lucas@gonze.com
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:13:47 -0500

We return you now to your regularly scheduled broadcast -- samizdat sent to a
mailing list.  Why, you ask?

This was a real-world test of an idea I had related to Freenet.  Freenet users
are most exposed at the moment when they obtain the software, because they
aren't using the software yet.  How to get such software to prospective users
without exposing them?  If you broadcast the software via push methods, the
people who actually use it are hidden in a crowd.

How well did it work in this case?  Test results indicate that broadcast push is
maddening and unstoppable as always.  The only important bugfixes are to have
the .exe that gets mailed as small as possible (less than 100K is probably
necessary) and the .exe should get renamed to something like
.change-my-extension-to-exe in order to beat Antigen and its ilk.