Dinner on Oct 31

Mike Masnick mike@techdirt.com
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:14:22 -0800

Hong Kong Flower Lounge is a great place, and can accomodate large groups
as well.  Though, my experiences with the service their varied depending on
the number of people of Asian ethnicity in the party I was with... The more
Asians, the better the service.  Who knows if that always holds, though.
My sample size of 4 visits probably isn't enough to be conclusive.

If people really are set with meeting in SF, then the Beppo's suggestion is
probably the best.  The food isn't great, but it's designed to accomodate
large groups, and it's easy (and not so expensive) to park at the 5th and
Mission Garage if you're driving.  It seems the only time I end up going to
Beppo's is whenever I have to go somewhere in groups of 10 or more.  Beppos
also works well, because we could just order a bunch of food and people can
show up late and dig right in - since it's all family style (though, that
would be true of Hong Kong Flower Lounge, as well).

 -Mike

At 08:01 PM 10/29/01 -0500, Meltsner, Kenneth wrote:
>I can't attend, but my favorite restaurant near the airport was the Hong
Kong Flower Lounge, IIRC.  Great Chinese food, even by SF standards.