Dinner on Oct 31

Mike Masnick mike@techdirt.com
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:49:27 -0800

The problem with just about any *good* restaurant is handling such a large
crowd... North Beach also presents all sorts of parking problems for people
with cars.  There are some nice enough restaurants that have openend
recently in the SoMa area.  I remember a FoRK (or possibly IRR?) group
meeting at Umbria a year or so ago, and that worked out well.  If we want
to be all cool and dot-com-like, I've had dinner with large groups at
Thirsty Bear, down the street, but that place got too hip for me to go to
after a while (I'm just not that cool).

Umbria: http://bayarea.citysearch.com/profile/876158/
Thirsty Bear: http://bayarea.citysearch.com/profile/875797/

If we want authentic SF food, maybe we should just pick a taqueria in the
Mission (just about any one will do), and just let each person wander in
and order their own damn burrito...  ;)

San Jose Taqueria (yum): http://bayarea.citysearch.com/profile/889321/

 -Mike