Is it THAT Aaron Blosser?

Anonymous anonymous@nowhere.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:13:32 +0100 (CET)

Apologies if these are old bits:

After having a mighty chuckle at the commotion this morning, I realized that nobody seems to have done a web search to find out more about this Blosser character.  One of you guys called his employer and confirmed that a guy by that name WAS working at the Virtuoso company, right?

Well, if it's the same guy, then the inimitable FoRKers were harassed by a minorly infamous celebrity:

http://www.thiemeworks.com/write/archives/DonQuixoteHackers.htm

(sympathizers might prefer:)

http://www.infowar.com/hacker/99/hack_071499e_j.shtml

You may recall a while back when somebody convinced a bunch of machines to get them to run NTPrime to search for Mersenne primes, but didn't configure the software correctly and had them flooding the US West network with packets...and then got in a bit of trouble for it.

His name?

Aaron Blosser.

Now, perhaps our FoRK visitor was simply a wannabe $cripT k1dd13, but perhaps not.  Interesting how one with that name would be professing anything about proper software configuration...but certainly the attitude is similar.

Thoughts?