Dinner on Oct 31

Pang, Hokkun HPang@Yesmail.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:27:28 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1615F.C481C1B0

If you go to Hongkong Flower Lounge, make sure you order the 'shrimp fried
rice on lotus leaf',
the best I ever had!

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Masnick [mailto:mike@techdirt.com]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 8:14 PM
To: Meltsner, Kenneth
Cc: FoRK@XeNT.CoM
Subject: RE: Dinner on Oct 31

Hong Kong Flower Lounge is a great place, and can accomodate large groups
as well.  Though, my experiences with the service their varied depending on
the number of people of Asian ethnicity in the party I was with... The more
Asians, the better the service.  Who knows if that always holds, though.
My sample size of 4 visits probably isn't enough to be conclusive.

If people really are set with meeting in SF, then the Beppo's suggestion is
probably the best.  The food isn't great, but it's designed to accomodate
large groups, and it's easy (and not so expensive) to park at the 5th and
Mission Garage if you're driving.  It seems the only time I end up going to
Beppo's is whenever I have to go somewhere in groups of 10 or more.  Beppos
also works well, because we could just order a bunch of food and people can
show up late and dig right in - since it's all family style (though, that
would be true of Hong Kong Flower Lounge, as well).

 -Mike

At 08:01 PM 10/29/01 -0500, Meltsner, Kenneth wrote:
>I can't attend, but my favorite restaurant near the airport was the Hong
Kong Flower Lounge, IIRC.  Great Chinese food, even by SF standards.

>Ken

RE: Dinner on Oct 31