Global personal digital library for every human

Russell Turpin deafbox@hotmail.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:43:54 +0000

Jim Whitehead writes:
>Of course, there are many difficulties. The device would require software
>that could teach interested people how to read. You'd have to figure out
>some way of discouraging people to rip the devices apart to construct solar
>panel arrays. ..

You didn't mention the hard problem: negotiating copyright
to the material that should be included. That will drive
your estimated cost up by a large factor. Of course, you
could offset this by product placement and advertising.

>Why would the US want to do this? For the right to choose what content is
>included .. No, I don't mean commercial
>advertising.

Or not.

Russell