Interactive agit-prop (was: Global personal digital library for every human)

Russell Turpin deafbox@hotmail.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:53:07 +0000

So here's a stupid idea. In Afghanistan, as in past wars, the
US drops propaganda pamphlets to encourage defection, etc.
I suspect most of these go unread, getting used as fuel or
toilet paper.

Here's how to get them read and understood: make them
interactive. Imagine a gizmo about the size of a CD that
has a cheap display, a battery, and a built-in set of
programs. The first is Christina Aguilera teaching civics
and democracy. At the end of each section, the reader
gets quizzed. Answer right, and Christina takes off a
piece of her clothing. Use thousands of interactive
scenarios and models, so that the troops can't just pass
around a cheat sheet. I even have the sign-off logo:

  A babe in the bush is worth seventy in paradise.

OK, so it's a really stupid idea. I'll hit the "send"
button anyway ..