Interactive agit-prop (was: Global personal digital library for every human)

Gordon Mohr gojomo@usa.net
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:29:36 -0800

Owen Byrne writes:
> The fundamental problem with this, of course, is the "walled garden"
> approach. In no time at all some bright mujaheed will have figured out how
> to replace the civics and democracy lessions with verses from the Koran and
> flight simulator lessons.

I don't see this as a problem at all; let them try. If doing so
succeeds in legitimizing posession of the devices, all the better.

A multipurpose device which can carry many messages from many
sources is not of equal use to both sides. It helps our cultural
superstructures much more than theirs.

- Gordon