Them Apples and Liking Them

Jeff Bone jbone@jump.net
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 01:34:02 -0600

John Napier of Merchiston wrote:

> Nice synonym for "surname" :-)
>
> At 10/30/2001 09:41 PM, Wayne E Baisley wrote:
> > > Hey, everybody's got their heroes...  you don't see me criticizing
> > > Gloria Steinam, Karl Marx, and Rosie O'Donnell to your face, do you?
> >
> >Only one of those gals is good looking and you misspelled her
> >patronymic.

Patronymic actually means "father's name."  In i.e. Russian, it's for
instance "Illyana Vladimirovich Putin" which means "Illyana Child of
Vladimir Putin."  Wayne got the spirit of it, but not the details.  BTW, in
my defense, I might have misspelled any of those people's names but I *did*
look 'em up on Google.  Lesson to learn:  Google != spellcheck. :-)

jb