Framlings, raman, or varelse? was Re: Making a nation democratic

Owen Byrne owen@permafrost.net
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 08:28:16 -0300

Personally I was thinking that I have a nostalgia for the place. Kabul,
1975. American Aid money so thick you tripped over it in the street.
Paradise for a 15 year old free from his parents. Cheap American cigarettes
(apparently about half the price of what they were in the US at the time),
cheap American beer, the best pizza anywhere in Asia, and the best hashish
in the world.

Its funny, I was in Beirut around that time, too, and it was a wonderful
place. And a 250 year old church that I took a picture of in June was burnt
down by vandals last night.

Owen

owen@permafrost.net
"This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright # 154085, for a
period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin it without our permission,
will be mighty good friends of ourn, cause we don't give a dern. Publish it.
Write it. Sing it. Swing to it. Yodel it. We wrote it, that's all we wanted
to do."
-- Woodie Guthrie