stop posting in html

Luis Villa louie@ximian.com
31 Mar 2002 22:43:05 -0500

On Sun, 2002-03-31 at 22:31, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:
> > Please stop posting in html.
> > You know who you are.
>
> The problem is, they probably don't.
>
> Why don't you name names?
> Since when did anyone on this list
> care about anyone else's feelings?

OK, so... this is probably a really, really bad flame-war to restart,
but... when even Pine* and Mutt very cleanly handle HTML emails, what's
the big deal with HTML mail? I mean, is it really that hard to upgrade
to a newer version of pine? When I was stuck with using a version of
pine that was built in 1994, and when tons of people still used pre-HTML
mail clients, I understood the anti-HTML mail complaints. But I don't
understand why, now, 7 years after the invention of HTML mail, it's
still such a big deal to some people. Isn't that a long enough time to
switch to a modern client?

Luis (honestly mystified why someone who uses mozilla to read mail cares
about HTML mail)

*assuming you are using a version of pine released this century