Queen Mum dies :-(

eugen@leitl.org eugen@leitl.org
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 15:13:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Tom wrote:

> The real shame of it though is that it invalidates the indivual by making
> only the "chosen" few's life worthy to report.
>
> The other shame is folks still buy into it. As the sage said best theres
> one born every minute.

I think there's a purpose in celebrities. (Orelse why is the world lousy
with them?). They're spontaneous aggregation foci, synching individual
agents. All animal societies (social insects, naked rat moles) have both
top-down and bottom-up organization principles. It's a price you have to
pay if you're a member of a society.

It's just if we're so damn smart, why can't we focus on bottom up instead
of top down? Please help keeping the noosphere free of virtual pheromones.
Thank you.