Queen Mum dies :-(

eleitl@leitl.org eleitl@leitl.org
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 15:30:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Paul Prescod wrote:

> It's about OUR mortality! Diana is a proxy. If she can go so young then

If people would care about their mortality they would actually start doing
something about it. Like, living healthy, going to checkups, go on CR,
invest into life extension, cryonics R&D, what have you.

As long as they smoke, drink, glutton & engage in high risk behaviour
people don't care a fig about their mortality, or lack of immortality.

> how about you, me, your wife, your sister. In fact, have you really
> gotten past your sister's death or just sublimated it? What would bring
> it back to the surface?
>
> It was a media event because it was an event in people's lives.

Unconvincing. It shook people because she was a celebrity.