Queen Mum dies :-(

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym@canada.com
01 Apr 2002 10:26:18 -0500

>>>>> "e" == eleitl  <eleitl@leitl.org> writes:

    e> If people would care about their mortality they would actually
    e> start doing something about it. Like, living healthy, going to
    e> checkups, go on CR, invest into life extension, cryonics R&D,
    e> what have you.  As long as they smoke, drink, glutton & engage
    e> in high risk behaviour people don't care a fig about their
    e> mortality, or lack of immortality.

  "If the success or failure of this planet, and of human beings,
  depended on how I am and what I do; How would I be? What would I do?
  (RB Fuller)

I don't know squat about humanity, but I'd say the Queen Mum fit
Bucky's challenge more than the proprietor of my local neighbourhood
snake-oil-and-vitamin shack.  I'd even consider that Britney Spears
has in fact given her midrift to momentarily ease the life of each
fan, providing (if nothing else) that moment of hope which can make
the success/failure difference.