Mortality and behavior (was: Queen Mum dies)

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 00:56:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Jeff Barr wrote:

> > Frome where I sit, those three decades are about equal to zero.
>
> So are you 30 or 60?

35, alas. It still doesn't matter whether it's 30, 80, or even 300 (though
the more I can get the better it getts).  Totally different ballpark from
gigayears still.

> From where I sit (42), it seems that time certainly rushes by a lot
> faster than it did before. A day used to seem like a really long
> time. Now its a blur. I hear that entire years are like that once
> you are 70 or so.

Thanks for ruining the rest of my day :(

I'm not there's even a simple way to uncompress the subjective time flux
again, and be it with an artificial childhood. Afternoons *should* last
all summer long.